Wednesday, April 1, 2009

my dream girl

my bike has been my constant companion. ok.. atleast during the last few years of my life. so it was quite appropriate that i was on my bike.
it was a monday evening. comfortable weather. atleast comfortable enough for me to take it easy on the road. anyways, i was riding against the traffic.

then came the "happy" part of my story. it was at a signal. i snaked through the four wheelers and came to an end. the countdown read 60. ahead of me was a two wheeler. and on it was this angel!
she wore a green kurta. i couldn't see her face. she had her hair coloured. long slender fingers. her nails were polished. she had her high heels on.
the breeze brought her fragrance to me and i could feel my heart racing. she was tapping the throttle with her fingers and moved her feet to some internal rhythm. and to me it seemed like an artist at work. i was going crazy!
those sixty seconds seemed like eternity. time had come to a stand still.

i hit the ground with a thumping sound. it was the silence after the "happy" part. me oblivious to the obnoxious sounds of the vehicles behind me. it was time to move on.

but to my shock, the green lady seemed to be in a real hurry. she got off her mark like a tracer bullet. and at the same time every damn vehicle on the road had gained some additional horse power. and whats more the road had shrunk! the green angel slowly distanced herself from me and the green dot swam through the black and white and drifted from my field of vision. and then i lost her in the crowd. in a flash.

what happened afer that was strange. everything appeared green to me. it was as though i had a green veil. i felt my heart pumping blood that was green. the sky had consumed the earth.. but in a all to clear green color.
i reflexly slowed my bike.. just to make sure i din't loose her.. just to make sure i didn't hurry my search. this slow motion monochromatic sequence continued all day. i didn't sllep good that night.

the cold water brought me back to real life sequence the next morning.

i see many colours - pink. red. black. white.

i dont know if she was beautiful. i dont know if she was fair. i dont know if she is tall.

but what i do know is that my dream girl will wear a green suit the day she sweeps me off my feet!

a peacock coloured green suit!

1 comment: